The industries are becoming more & more concerned towards improvement in their environmental performance because of growing public pressure on governments all over the world to impose stringent legislation on them. Environmental issues pose various difficulties to business owners to understand their obligations,responsibilities & rights while operating a unit.
ISO 14001 is an international standard for environment management against which organizations setup their Environmental Management System, get certifications and demonstrate their environmental consciousness.
Using this standard, organizations can systematically identify impacts of their operations on the environment and take action to reduce, control and manage them. Thus, ISO 14001 provides a frame work for pollution prevention and helps improve your environmental performance.
By implementing ISO 140001 an organization not only enhances its image in the community but also increases efficiency of its resources along with potential cost savings. Like ISO 9001 it is a generic standard and can be implemented in organizations involved with any type of operation.
- Single site to large multi-national companies
- High risk companies to low risk service organizations
- Manufacturing, process and the service industries; including local governments
- All industry sectors including public and private sectors
- Original equipment manufacturers and their suppliers
Choose Creative Process Management’s Services for expert consultation and personal support tailored to your business needs such as
- To conduct gap analysis
- To provide awareness & IA training programmes
- To develop Environmental Management System easy to implement
- To conduct Internal audit, take C&P actions & solve quality problem
- To conduct Pre-Assessment audit & periodic check for continual assessment
For particular industries, pressure is now being exerted by many large organizations, such as original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) who expect their suppliers to adopt environmentally-friendly practices and may mandate ISO 14001 certification as a licence to operate.
Certification to ISO 14001 helps organizations to:
- Demonstrate a commitment to achieving legal and regulatory compliance to regulators and government
- Demonstrate your environmental commitment to stakeholders
- Demonstrate an innovative and forward thinking approach to customers and prospective employees
- Increase your access to new customers and business partners
- Better manage your environmental risks, now and in the future
- Reduce the risk of penalties, possible litigation and Potentially reduce public liability insurance costs
- Enhance reputation as environmentally conscious Organization that helps in hassle free new unit setup
- Ensures Continual improvement in environmental performance leading to waste reduction, conservation of natural resources, prevention of pollution and fulfillment of legislative requirements.
- Sustainable growth to conserve natural resources like energy, water, soil for future generation.
- Helps society towards pollution free environment
- SYSTEM IMPLEMENTATION ROAD MAP
- STEP 1: Get an understanding of the standard and what it means in your company
- STEP 2: Consider hiring a consultant
- STEP 3: Plan your project
- STEP 4: Gap Analysis
- STEP 5: Adopt Team Approach – Steering Team & Task Teams
- STEP 6: Train employees on standard
- STEP 7: Establish system & Prepare Documentation
- STEP 8: Use system for 6-Weeks to 3-months to collect records and to demonstrate improvements
- STEP 9: Train internal auditors
- STEP10: Conduct Internal Audits
- STEP11: Qualify Pre-Assessment Audit
- STEP12: The Registration Audit